Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Fort Under Stars.

He built me a fort of more than sheets and old rickety chairs
and i played as joy filled my stomach.
things were different now but the good kind of change the kind
which makes you optimistic, always.
i sat as if i was floating safely up towards that place they call
the sky and i noticed something.
as if a gigantic bag of glitter was beautifully blown into the air
on this cold winter night.
He told me He counted each one carefully before they were
placed so aesthetically pleasing to our eyes.
but before the glittering sky, He painted me a portrait of a sky
glowing, as His sun lowered.
i became warm and content knowing that i was created by Him,
the one who provides it all.

4 comments:

Marti Sykes said...

I really like that, Carra.
Love and Peace,
Mom

lane said...

i like this. hope youre doin well

lane

YesNoMaybeSo said...

I really really enjoyed this. I'm a poet myself, although my blog doesn't have my work. Haha I found your blog through katie rusch's.

Ktea said...

wait wait wait wait they're coming to the canal club?!