Monday, January 28, 2008

The "Dubs"

So this past weekend we, BCA, all 40ish of us, ventured to the east coast of Ireland. We went to Dublin, or Dooblin as I like to say. We left on Thursday and got back on Saturday. It was my first ever time EVER sleeping in a hostel. I do have to say that Barnacles (spelling?) was a much better hostel than the one I stayed at the second night. First day in Dublin we hit up so many museums. They were all art gallerys, big and small. My mind was way overloaded with art but that's okay for now. Later that night I got to hang out with my awesome Limerick Butler friends. I didn't get so see everyone but I got to see Devon, Harry, Sam, and Coleen. They are extremely enjoyable. I hung out with Hillary as well. The next day we went to a couple more museums. We went to the natural history museum and saw some dead bodies. These had been dead for a while. They were leather like. Kind of grossy grossersons if you ask me. Then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. I got some gellato with Josher (Joshua) and hung out with Josh and Sam. We ended up meeting later that night with Tyler, Elizabeth, Lena, and Shelbikins. We stayed at the Palace Bar and got some really awesome stuff called Cole Swan. So creamy. Haha. Then the sketch Hostel, I slept in my jeans and jacket and slept on a blanket I had gotten at Galway a few weekends ago. Just playing it safe if you know what I mean. Then around four thirty we went to the bus stop to leave. Josh, Annie, Olga, and I were there at a decent time but the bus ran out of spaces. We had to stay in Dublin for an extra hour. So like most Irish people, we stopped at a pub and ordered some Tea. (With cream of course). Then we got these yellow passes allowing us to get on the bus first. The others had to wait for us on another bus as we traveled. We stoped at some place that looks kind of like Oranmore. I think I'm spelling it right. We finally made it back to Orchard house. That was def. a sigh of relief.

Once back at Orchard I ate a snack and then went and cleaned my room for a bit. Then on Sunday I got to sleep in until 10:30 which was nice. I at a brunch and headed to the Castle, cough, I mean school. I worked until around 450ish... and said "my where has the time gone?" and questioned the time greatly. Then I got back to Orchard and got to talk to some of my favorite people in this world, my rentals. I then realized once more how much I miss them, even if we are all goofs sometimes! :). I truly miss my best friend, Drewster. It's been hard not hanging out with my bro whenever I can. I don't know what I'm going to do when he moves after Graduation... but then again I'm moving next semester as well. Sometimes change is difficult, but thank goodness for technology and ways of communication. I love my family with all my heart and now I'm getting all soppy so time to stop writing. I also wanted to ask people who actually take the time to read this if you could possibly leave a comment. You actually dont' need to have a blog to comment. Also, if you could somehow ask questions on the blogs so that I know what to write more about next time I actually get time to blog. THIS IS LONG!

xoxo gossip girl... BHAHAHAHA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friends sound so awesome! I love you descriptions! We loved talking to you to, Carebear!

laurendana said...

CARRA! i read that WHOLE thing!! haha i love you so much! now i think its your turn with my blog! hehe i hope we can skype soon! im on the net pretty often, so chat me!