Thursday, January 17, 2008

What a Bleak Thursday

Today is Thursday.  It's windy and bleak.

Tomorrow I head to the Lyon's house for a homestay.  I get to meet people from the University of Galway, which will be pretty exciting!  Or at least I think so... next weekend we are heading to Dublin, huge city-life compared to that of Ballyvaughan, which is quant and wonderful.  I could totally live here.  Last night we went set-dancing again.  This time was quite interesting.  I was dancing with Olga and I had to be the guy.  "Let's face it" (Sara) being a guy when dancing is hard.  I'm going to give the male side some credit here.  It's darn hard to lead.  Then after that some drunk man danced with me and was all over the place.  I didn't want to dance with him but he insisted.  I kept up my Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider guard, so he wouldn't make a move.  Basically I invisioned myself kicking this dude's butt if he tried to get fresh.  It was kind of funny b/c we called him "Red-Shirt" b/c he was wearing a red jumper.  He danced with many of the Orchard house girls throughout the night.  Oh set-dancing in Ballyvaughan how you are lively.  Basically, watch out for really drunk Irish dudes in red jumpers.  They'll try to hit on you.  "That sweater you are wearing makes you look youthful," well that's b/c I'm 19 hahaaha... Oh goodness.  I'm safe, and that's all that matters.  I'll be back to write more later on after my homestay.  Tomorrow is Irish Studies (again) with Gordon D'Arcy who is actually a pretty famous dude in Ireland.

cool beans.
Have a brilliant day loves,
Sykes Kid signing out.
xoxo haha  

No comments: