Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finding Good in This Rush.

So today I decided to venture out to do a little Christmas shopping... I'm going to state that this is not one of my favourite things to do, just because it's crazy busy and people are not in the best of moods...

Well at first, today, I was one of those grumpy grumpersons. I'm not sure what came over me, well I am but it shouldn't have happened. I drove to Friendly to perhaps get something for my mum, thinking it was a weekday... I get there and look for a space for about 15 mins... in my head I'm just wondering why I didn't just bike to Friendly or walk or something that doesn't require parking... I'm becoming impatient and kind of annoyed... and I listen to my thoughts, and I don't approve of these thoughts... but they just keep happening. So I call my mom and vent it out about how busy it is at Friendly and how I'm not going to ever return there today... haha a little over dramatic I do have to say... So I leave and decide to drive to Target...

I get there and I'm looking for a spot, somewhat I've calmed down, I think b/c I started listening to K-Love and some song I knew came on and I was able to relax...

I find a spot pretty far away, which doesn't bother me b/c I'm thankful for a spot in the parking lot... I get to target and I'm walking around... I just start to feel this urge to smile at people and be me, the hyper-friendly Carra who talks to everyone and anyone.

I ran into this cute old lady and turned and rubbed her arm and said "I'm sorry" and smiled at her... she returned me with the CUTEST smile ever and thanked me for appologizing... WOOSH... the negative part of my day was suddenly "wooshed" out of me... I couldn't stop smiling at people, probably creeping them out, but it's all good... I kept seeing beautiful babies and kids and just wanting to love on them so so so much. I ended up getting some presents for people as well as stuff for the Annual Kiser/Grimsley/Now We are in College Christmas party... we've been doing it for over 6 years... it's crazy.

So I left Target in good spirits and just started thinking about finding as much good out of the Christmas shopping season as I could as I was leaving. People were knodding and smiling at each other as well as letting people go by in their cars with a simple knod or smile so that we could take turns getting out of the parking lot... I'm going to work towards trying to find the good in situations. God blesses us with gifts every second, millisecond, minute, okay so He rules time so we can't really put a time to how often God gives us gifts but it's constant... His love is a gift to us... this love is one, the only one, that is EVERPRESENT, EVERLASTING, continues even when we are butts to Him, the world, and other times...

THE GIFT OF LOVE.

Jesus. Jesus was born. THANK YOU! man what what what a beautiful LIFE.

"Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually!"
Psalm 105:4

1 comment:

Marti Sykes said...

I'm glad you could find some "good" in the rush.