Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Blog of 2009.

Whenever the New Year rolls around I like to giggle at firsts of the year. Kind of like titling this blog "First Blog of 2009." See, it's fun to think of all the firsts of the new year.

First time I prayed in 2009, First dinner of 2009, first time I used the bathroom in 2009, first time I laughed in 2009, first time I danced in 2009, first singing of 2009... and the list just goes on... one on my list which would be said like this "first drawing of 2009," is part of a plan I have for 2009, in my art part of my life:

I've decided to create a second blog dedicated to drawing, sketching, etc at least once a day for all 365 days of 2009. I have decided to call this blog "Three Six Five Two Zero Zero Nine" and you can find it HERE!

A couple reasons I'm excited about this:

1. I've never really finished a sketch book, and I've been doing art since God created me!
2. I want to search more and more for artistic inspiration from the Lord.
3. Drawing is fun and should be done more often.
4. I'm tired of being lazy with my art and only doing school work.
5. 2009 is a new year and it's a new challenge.

I'm working on my uncle's children's book (illustrating) and I am putting down the line for me now... I must get it finished soon because I've been slacking. I'm excited at how it has turned out so far and am hoping to continue on working.

Throwing out an apology because I have used the word "I" a lot in this blog and it's kind of getting on my nerves. It's not about me, it's about Who created me.

Hey, love to everyone.

Cheers,
The Wash.

2 comments:

Marti Sykes said...

It's good to work on your "own" art! Can't wait to see the illustrations...I know they will be great and Lawson will be proud and pleased. What a great opportunity for you!

Anonymous said...

I like that my foot is in your first blog of 2009. =D haha

and that "It's not about me, it's about Who created me." =DD YES!