Friday, October 3, 2008

43 Mins of Computger Battery Life Left.

So it's 1:26am and as I glance over at the digital clock I watch the five turn to a six and kind of smile, because I think it's neat to see the numbers change on a clock... I'm sitting in my room and my mom is sound asleep and will read this later hehe... she's cute when she sleeps. I love how people look when they sleep because they are just at this calm state of comfort.

And this pushes my mind to think about a particular facebook group my friends have that's devoted to taking pictures of their friends sleeping. The thought of the Michelle and friends sleeping group makes me giggle a bit (the kind you feel but nobody knows you are giggling inside except God)


And then this thought brings me to how I can't put into words how great grandtastic amazingness God had been these past weeks with my relationships here at VCU/Richmond and stuff. I am so calmed by the fact that I am making these wonderful friends. It has helped me ease more into a new university experience... Everyday I think about how excited I am to have met these people, and everyday I also think about how much I miss my friends from all over that I've known for a long time, and those I've just had a glimpse, a speck, a tiny bit of knowing but an important passing... if that makes since...
Ahhh I let out a sigh of just relief and just comfort and just ahhness... then I think about cleaning my glasses (melissa shout out!).

Dear God,
Thank you for courage at IV and all this week to talk to people I don't know. And obviously! Thanks for my family and friends.
YOU ROCK,

xoxo Sykeskid.

2 comments:

Ktea said...

i love you and Jesus loves you too 8D

Marti Sykes said...

I think I was in a state of calm cause I was with my daughter! I was so happy to be with her and share part of her life in Richmond. A time I will cherish forever!
Thanks Carra.